- October 27, 2018
- Print this
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 packed dark brown sugar
- 1 stick melted butter slightly cooled
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup banana chips for the top
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans (optional) or chocolate chips
- Step 1
- Preheat iven to 350F
- Step 2
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients together including the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside
- Step 3
- In another bowl or mixer bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add in the melted butter, both sugars, milk, egg, and then vanilla. Combine well.
- Step 4
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry if mixing by hand. Stir until just combined. If you are using a mixer, add the dry ingredients to the wet a little at a time on slow speed until just combined.
- Step 5
- Fold in the nuts, or chips now.
- Step 6
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter into prepared muffin tins with paper cups.
- Step 7
- Place banana chips on top.
- Step 8
- Bake for about 22-27 minutes depending on your oven until the muffins are golden brown and bounce back when pressed. You could also insert a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean it’s done.
- Step 9
- Let cool a few minutes.
- Step 10
We all need easy banana recipes to use when those bananas go a little too quick before we can use them in our smoothies.
This one is quick and easy as well as versatile. You can add nuts or chocolate chips if you so desire. For a change I added banana chips on top. Sometimes you just want that pure banana flavor.