Black Bean Enchiladas with Mole Sauce
- October 9, 2018
- Print this
- Step 1
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- Step 2
- Prepare a 9 x 12 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray
- Step 3
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet on medium high. Add the 2 cans of refried black beans and all of the seasoning. Add more salt or pepper if needed.
- Step 4
- Add the jar of salsa and stir until combined. Turn down heat and let simmer on low.
- Step 5
- Meanwhile, prepare the tortillas. If you are using corn, heat them up in the microwave on a plate covered with a 2 damp paper towels by wetting them then rigging out all of the water. This will make the more pliable to roll.
- Step 6
- Working on a plate or board, place one tortilla down and spoon about 1/2 of black beans onto it spreading it out a little on one half but still keeping it in a nice long pile.
- Step 7
- Add a sprinkle of the shredded cheddar cheese. Start rolling up the tortilla and place in you dish at one end and repeat until all 8 are fitting snug.
- Step 8
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top. Pour over 1 cup of the mole sauce.
- Step 9
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle over the queso fresco cheese and any other garnish you wish.
- Step 10
I love Mexican food. I really love these Black Bean Enchiladas. It’s a yummy vegetarian recipe where you won’t even think about the meat that’s not there, and only love what IS here and that is this rich Mole Sauce, 2 cheeses, and fresh corn tortillas. I also added some salsa inside to make a dreamy creamy filling mixed with the black beans and cheese.
Warning: the Mole Sauce will take a while to make, but its worth it. Make the mole the day before. to cut done on time in the kitchen. It will make enough for your next 2 or 3 batches of enchiladas or Chicken Mole. Make this part of your meal planning weekend.
There are jarred mole sauces on the market and you are more than welcome to use those in a pinch!
If you can’t find Queso fresco cheese just substitute with Monterey jack cheese.
I have made these both in flour and corn tortillas with the same filling inside.
Let this be the center piece of your next Mexican Fiesta Meal!
Other recipes you may like:
Chicken Salsa Verde Enchiladas
Mexican Green Rice
South by Southwest Salad
Pina Colada Cake