When life gives you extra oranges, make candy! For something that looks so beautiful, it’s very easy to make these Candied Orange Slices.
Candied Orange Slices
- May 23, 2018
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 3-4 oranges sliced thin (you can use any citrus for this)
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups sugar plus more for dredging
- Step 1
- In a heavy bottom pot, add water and sugar.
- Step 2
- Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Step 3
- Add orange slices in 2 batches if needed and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 4
- Drain and cool slices on a baking rack placed on a cookie sheet to catch the sugar syrup.
- Step 5
- Place about a cup of sugar in a bowl and dredge orange slices until coated. Let sit for a couple of hours and repeat and place back on baking rack. Cover with a tea towel and place in an area where the slices will remain on the rack for 2 days until the sugar crystallizes.
- Step 6
- Step 7
Use as a decoration for desserts too!