I love glazed carrots. They look like jewels on a plate. These Cider Glazed Carrots are a perfect side dish for the holidays, date night or just dinner tonight. A classic Thanksgiving side dish.
I love the look of multi colored carrots, but you can use whatever combination you wish.
Note: When cooking with the dark purple ones, they will bleed when cooking so you can cook them separately if you want to serve them as I did or toss them all together, but the white and yellow ones will loose their color.
So easy and quick to make. Glazed Carrots usually consist of butter and some kind of sweetener to make the glaze like honey or maple syrup. I chose Boiled Apple Cider for this recipe. It’s a very Fall flavor and you skip the step of boiling down regular cider to make a concentrate.
Tips to save time:
Buy pre-cut carrot sticks or pre peeled whole carrots to cut down on prep time.
ider Glazed Carrots
- November 19, 2018
- 45 min
- Print this
- 2 pounds of carrots
- 4 tbsp boiled cider
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp mashed ginger or fresh ginger chopped very fine
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Peel and cut carrots if needed into 1/4 inch sticks.
- Step 2
- Mash ginger with the flat side of a chefs knife or use a mortal and pestle to grind fine.
- Step 3
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat with the butter to melt. Add carrots.
- Step 4
- Now add chicken or vegetable stock, thyme, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Step 5
- Cook for about 10 minutes. Add boiled cider and stir carrots to coat.
- Step 6
- Lower heat and cook another 10-15 minutes until carrots are tender. Transfer to a platter and drizzle on the syrupy glaze.
- Step 7
- Serve Immediately.
- Step 8