My go to food is a Cheeseburger. Sometimes a Bacon Cheeseburger. And always with fries. Whichever way I go, it’s always juicy and full of flavor.
A burger is a very personal thing. But what ever you put on it or bun you choose, the meat has got to be juicy and full of flavor.
This method and secret in making a not good, but great burger is to follow these simple steps.
- Use the best beef possible. You can grind your own but request the butcher to grind a ratio of 80% lean meat like chuck, round or brisket and 20% fat like short rib or navel.
2. Make sure the meat is very cold. Put the meat in the freezer until stiff but not frozen.
3. Shave ice or frozen butter into it to add it to the meat mixture. This will help retain moisture.
4. Don’t press down on the meat and compact it too much. This will make your burger
5. When cooking the patties weather on a grill or in a cast iron skillet, Don’t ever press down
on the patty. All the juices will escape leaving you with a dry burger.
6. Don’t flip until the meat has developed a ‘crust’ on each side.
7. If you like your burger well done, don’t make them too thick as it will take longer to cook
will risk drying out and over cooking.
8. Don’t be afraid to liberally season the patty. The salt and pepper will help create that
The Classic Burger will generally have these things on it: Lettuce, tomato, cheese, mustard, pickles, mayo, and ketchup. It’s up to you as to what special sauce, pickles, or farmers market veggies you wan to put on it to make it your own.
Other recipes you will love:
- December 13, 2018
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 1 lb of 80/20 mix ground beef
- 4 tbsp shaved frozen butter
- Flake salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter for cooking
- 4 brioche buns
- *Your choice of toppings
- Step 1
- Gently fold in shaved butter into ground meat.
- Step 2
- Divide meat into 4 equal parts. gently form into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Step 3
- Place patties into the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Step 4
- Remove patties from freezers and liberally salt and pepper each side.
- Step 5
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle on medium high heat. Melt tbsp of butter. Add patties.
- Step 6
- Cook until crust forms then flip. Let crust form on other side.
- Step 7
- Toast buns and add you fixins’.
- Step 8