As side dishes go, this one is very simple, and a delicious combination. Cooking seasonally and what is available will provide you with lots of surprise recipes like this one at a moments notice.
I love the green cauliflower for its gorgeous color and I can never say no to some sweet roasted corn. I have also learned over the years that you don’t need to boil corn for hours to cook it. It’s actually better when just heated through or thrown on the grill to get some color. It really keeps that fresh corn taste. At the end you will have this yummy butter sauce with the fresh vegetables.
This dish will take no time and is a good paring to that rotisserie chicken you picked up and yet another reason to use your cast iron skillet.
Green Cauliflower and Fresh Corn
- May 21, 2018
- 4 Servings
- 30 min
- Print this
- I head green Cauliflower
- 2 ears of corn husked and cleaned
- 2 Tbsps chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 small diced white onion
- 4 tbsps of butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Rough chop the head of cauliflower.into bite size pieces. Set aside
- Step 2
- Heat a cast iron skillet to a medium heat and add olive oil and the ears of corn. Roll corn in the oil to get coated in the skillet and let cook on all side until you see the char develop.. Take them out of the pan and let them cool off for a couple of minutes.
- Step 3
- Add the butter and onion to the skillet and sweat the onion until translucent.
- Step 4
- Add the cauliflower and saute’ for about 5 minutes. Then add the /4 cup water and cover letting the cauliflower steam in it’s own juices.
- Step 5
- While that cooks, slice the corn off the cobs, then add to the cauliflower and stir.
- Step 6
- Let cook an additional 5 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through.