Sweet Potato Pie is a given on any holiday or occasion in our house. I dressed this one up for the holiday. I love the festive look of the sugared cranberries.
Holiday Sweet Potato Pie with Sugared Cranberries
- May 21, 2018
- 3 hr
- Print this
- 4 medium sweet potatoes 1/2 stick butter, softened 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Step 2
- Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour in the oven on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. (You’ll thank me later for this). When baked until soft, let cool completely. Peel the potatoes and put into a large bowl and mash. Set aside.
- Step 3
- In a mixer or medium bowl, beat together butter,
- Step 4
- sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Step 5
- Add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Add evaporated milk and stir mixture into sweet potatoes. Beat together with mixer until smooth and pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Step 6
- Bake on bottom rack of oven for 1 hour until the center of pie is firm.
- Step 7
- Let cool for at least an hour before cutting.
- Step 8
Try these other must make sweet potato recipes: