- November 15, 2018
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust or make my foolproof pie dough here if making the springform version
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tsp salted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Step 2
- Prepare pie dough and place in a non-stick springform pan or spray with cooking spray. Make sure bottom fits tight to avoid any leakage.
- Step 3
- Press pie dough in the pan making sure there are not holes in the dough. Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Step 4
- Meanwhile, prepare filling by whisking beaten eggs with sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, ground cinnamon and vanilla until thoroughly combined. You can use a stand or handheld mixer to do this.
- Step 5
- If you are using chopped pecans you can place those at the bottom of your crust now and pour the filling on top, but if you want a design, pour the filling in the pie crust and gently place the pecans on top of whatever pattern you like.
- Step 6
- Bake for 45-50 minutes
- Step 7
- The pie will rise in the oven but will flatten bake out when its cooling.
- Step 8
- Serve immediately or chill and serve with your best vanilla ice cream.
- Step 9
- Step 10
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet and put on the middle rack in the oven.
This pie is even better with homemade crust. Go the extra mile and enjoy every single bite.
I used a 7″ spring form pan here. It made the perfect mini pie. Perfect for small gatherings. The first time I tried this in another springform pan the filling ooozed everywhere and became a huge mess. This pan was newer so it had a tight fit. Also make sure that whatever pie dough you use creates a “seal” so the filling won’t leak!
Try this same recipe by replacing the pecans with Walnuts! I used Black Walnuts which give a rich, deep, fragrant flavor. It takes more effort to crack and process black walnuts therefore they may cost a little more but are well worth it. If you can’t find black walnuts in your local store or online, you can us regular English Walnuts which is what you typically find in the store.
I used the black walnuts in the tarts and topped them off with an english walnut.
You will also love these recipes:
Bourbon Pecan Torte