- November 15, 2018
- 6 Servings
- 1 hr
- Print this
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust or make my foolproof pie dough here if making the springform version
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tsp salted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Step 2
- Prepare pie dough and place in a non-stick springform pan or spray with cooking spray. Make sure bottom fits tight to avoid any leakage.
- Step 3
- Press pie dough in the pan making sure there are not holes in the dough. Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Step 4
- Meanwhile, prepare filling by whisking beaten eggs with sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, ground cinnamon and vanilla until thoroughly combined. You can use a stand or handheld mixer to do this.
- Step 5
- If you are using chopped pecans you can place those at the bottom of your crust now and pour the filling on top, but if you want a design, pour the filling in the pie crust and gently place the pecans on top of whatever pattern you like.
- Step 6
- Bake for 45-50 minutes
- Step 7
- The pie will rise in the oven but will flatten bake out when its cooling.
- Step 8
- Serve immediately or chill and serve with your best vanilla ice cream.
- Step 9
- Step 10
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet and put on the middle rack in the oven.
This pie is even better with homemade crust. Go the extra mile and enjoy every single bite.
I used a 7″ spring form pan here. It made the perfect mini pie. Perfect for small gatherings. The first time I tried this in another springform pan the filling ooozed everywhere and became a huge mess. This pan was newer so it had a tight fit. Also make sure that whatever pie dough you use creates a “seal” so the filling won’t leak!