A few years ago I was not a fan of eggplant. Love the color, but not the bitter skin until I learned how to cook it. I have found that anyone can be a victim of this scenario; once hating a food that was ill prepared and loving it if having a chance to enjoy the right recipe.
I’m in love with this Baba Ghanoush
Roasted Eggplant Dip aka Baba Ghanoush
- May 21, 2018
- 1 hr 30 min
- Print this
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 roasted garlic cloves or finely diced fresh
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Step 1
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place eggplants
- Step 2
- Place eggplants in the broiler first at 500 degrees to char for a smokey flavor for 1-2 minutes on each side. You can also blister the skin on a gas stovetop until skin starts to turn a brownish purple.
- Step 3
- Then roast eggplants (and garlic cloves recommended) in an 375 degree oven until soft about 45 min. Turn over halfway through. The skin should flatten when pressed.
- Step 4
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 5
- In the meantime, combine the rest of the ingredients except olive oil in a bowl
- Step 6
- After eggplant has cooled, split and scrap out the flesh and drain any liquid. Add to tahini mixture. Add salt to taste.
- Step 7
- At this point you can just mix and eat, but if you prefer it to be a little smoother like a hummus put in a blender or food processor until the preferred consistency.
- Step 8
- Garnish with a little olive oil and enjoy with your favorite bread, crackers and veggies.
- Step 9