When you want something really good but really quick, pizza night fits the bill. You can either make your own pizza dough, or pick up some at your favorite pizza joint or market. It really should be a staple in your freezer.
I made this delicious thing with pre-made pizza dough and some yummy pizza fixins. Why bother having salad on the side when you can enjoy it with every bite of this pizza. A great twist on a salad for dinner. The inspiration came my favorite salad pizza at Abbot’s Pizza in Venice on Abbot Kenney. Theirs is actually made with this incredible bagel dough, but until I find a good one I got one I found at Surfas here in LA. The dough made 2 large pizzas about 12″ x 8″.
- May 25, 2018
- 8 Servings
- 1 hr
- Print this
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Step 2
- Liberally flour a surface and roll out pizza dough as line as possible to create a 12″x8″ crust rolling from inside out.
- Step 3
- Place a thin layer of cheese on crust first then spoon over a thin layer of sauce.
- Step 4
- Add other ingredients
- Step 5
- Place in the oven on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Step 6
- While the pizza in in the oven, assemble the salad, then dress with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Step 7
- When pizza comes out of the oven, immediately top with the salad and serve.
- Step 8