As you may know, sweet potatoes are my favorite vegetable. Whatever a pumpkin can do, a sweet potato can do better!
Savory Sweet Potato tart
- May 25, 2018
- 1 hr 15 min
- Print this
- One large square phyllo dough
- 1 large peeled sweet potato
- 2 baby spring onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp smoked brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- Step 2
- With a mandoline, shave thin slices of the sweet potato. Set aside
- Step 3
- Combine creme fraiche with chives and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- Step 4
- Flour a surface and gently roll out the phyllo dough to 24″ x 12″. Score a 1″ border around the dough making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Step 5
- With a spatula, spread a thin layer of the creme fraiche mixture inside the border of the dough.
- Step 6
- Layer the slices of sweet potato overlapping with no gaps.
- Step 7
- With the mandoline again, slice the spring onions on top.
- Step 8
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over then salt and pepper.
- Step 9
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until deeply golden brown and sides puff up.
- Step 10
- Tip: If the sides are getting too brown before potatoes are done, make a frame of foil that only covers the edges like a pie crust shield.
Try these must make sweet potato recipes: