The Perfect Baked Potato
- October 21, 2018
- Print this
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 4 tbsp course Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Step 2
- Wash and dry off your potatoes
- Step 3
- Prick all around each potato a few time with a fork or paring knife
- Step 4
- Rub each potato with some olive oil. Just enough to coat.
- Step 5
- Then rub each potato with a tbsp of salt
- Step 6
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet or cast iron skillet and cooke for about 50- 60 minutes. The time may differ depending on the size of your potatoes. Check for doneness by inserting a knife in the middle of the biggest one and it should go in very easily.
- Step 7
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Then slice the potatoes in the middle and push inwards from both ends to create a delicious potato well of fluff! Add butter, chives, salt and pepper to taste or gold wild with sour cream, cheese, bacon and steamed broccoli for a meal.
- Step 8
Potatoes are in the top 3 of my favorite vegetables. I have said many times how I love sweet potatoes so, yeah I love them al LOT! French fries , potato chips, hash browns, breakfast potatoes, potato salad, twice baked potatoes, add them to soups and gratins…. shall I go one?!
Ok, so this recipe is all about the Perfect Baked Potato recipe. You know, the kind of baked potatoes you get at that fancy steak house,. Fluffy, earthy, and buttery with crispy skin ready for your toppings of choice. I love a good loaded baked potato, but when you do it right all you need is some butter, salt and pepper and a sprinkle of chives.
It is important to know which kind of potato you choose to get that restaurant result. Russet potatoes were made for this recipe as oppose to Yukon Gold or Red which have a creamier texture and are best for roasting and adding to soups and gratins. Russets also make the best french fries due to their fluffy interior when cooked.
This is THE quintessential choice for a steak dinner. For something so simple, it can be a real crowd pleaser and a recipe you will make a thousand times over.
The finished potato!!
Other recipes you will love: