It’s so great when there is a zucchini recipe that can make a favorite pasta recipe into something that’s thats healthy and quick and easy to make.
I couldn’t wait to make my first batch of zoodles so I bought a hand held one to try it out. For less than $20 bucks I was on my way to making oodles of zoodles and any other vegetable noodles I can think of.
Zoodle Shrimp Scampi seemed like the perfect recipe to get started on making this light and fresh dish all summer long or any time your want to cut down on those carbs. Leave off the shrimp for a side dish or add a vegetarian protein.
This recipe is for 2 but can easily be doubled for more.
Zoodle Shrimp Scampi
- July 16, 2018
- 4 Servings
- 30 min
- Print this
- 2 small zucchinis made into zoodles
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined and washed with tails on
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or white wine
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- salt and cracked pepper to taste
- optional: red pepper flakes
- Step 1
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and olive oil in large skillet.
- Step 2
- Add sliced garlic
- Step 3
- After about one minute, add 1/2 of the parsley, the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and cook until pink on each side. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Step 4
- Add the other tbsp of butter and add the zoodles and broth or wine. Saute’ for just about a minute and add the shrimp back in.
- Step 5
- Cook for another minute then add the rest of the parsley and cheese.
- Step 6
Other recipes you may like: